Friday, December 24, 2010

I've Been Framed!

Remember about a month ago when I made a Freak Flag for my brother-in-law Terry? I knew he liked it but I never realized how much until my sister sent me two pictures yesterday of my gift, beautifully framed in a shallow shadow box. It's now on their living room wall.

In addition, Heidi told me that Terry used the services of a man he knows through a business group called Business Network International. At their monthly meeting this past Wednesday, the framer brought the freak flag in for Terry and then he proceeded to stand up and tell everyone there about what the symbols in the flag mean (his love of his Bluebird RV, Jimmy Buffett, Florida) and who made the flag.

So I've been framed. And I'm very touched to know that my gift was so appreciated.

It's Christmas Eve. In a few minutes, I will turn into a cooking madwoman. I'm glad to note that I've made it to the holidays OK. I miss Mom and will miss being with my siblings tonight. But it's all part of my life. I'm fortunate to live in a beautiful place and with a husband and son who love me as much as I love them. I had a great Mom and I have a terrific extended family.

Yep, I'm a child of fortune, just like you.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment