Sunday, June 13, 2010

OK, OK, I Can't Read Just One...

...Harry Potter book in a row.

I finished number one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, on Friday night and I was planning on picking up Henry Beston's Herbs and the Earth.

But the tug of just whipping through a book for fun was just too much.

Actually, I like re-reading books like this because I don't really have to pay attention to the plot. I can pay attention to details such as the way she handles dialogue (a skill that's more difficult to achieve than you'd suspect) and how details that become so important in the later books were right there from the beginning. She didn't waste anything.

So I'm off on number two, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, while trying to also finish a quilt for my sister. Getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment