Thursday, July 8, 2010

Faerie Wars

OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker for books with the word fairy spelled Faerie so when I saw Faerie Wars at the Five Colleges Book Sale for only $.50, it was a no-brainer.

I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first but the author, a prolific guy named Herbie Brennan, manages to tell a story with enough twisty stuff to keep it interesting. And like J.K. Rowling, he tethers enough of the tale to this world to make the stretch to the land of Faerie an easy ride.

This was also a good read for these days on the Cape with my mother in her last journey and my siblings joining together to spend some time with her. Interesting enough to keep me engaged but not sad. Even though we're celebrating Mom and tending to her needs, there's enough sadness to not want to add more.

Will I read the sequel? If I find it at the next book sale, sure. I'd even go up to a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment