Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Hurry-Up Quilt for Mom

When you're doing not much else than sitting in a chair all day in a place that's got the air conditioning cranked up, you get chilled.

That's my Mom at this point, sitting in a chair where she naps, watches her world go by, talks to family on the phone, watches TV — and gets chilled.

When I was there at the beginning of June, I saw this towel on the arm of her chair and found out she flings it over her shoulders to keep herself warm because putting on a sweater is difficult.

The towel's gotta go, I thought.

I needed to get something made, quick, so I rummaged around in my Level 3 Scrap Drawer. This is the place where I have odd blocks, block starts, things that have some work into them. And I found these Log Cabin variations left over from my Teach Yourself Visually Quilting book from Wiley.

They're weren't quite enough to make this towel-sized quilt long enough so I added the pink (her favorite color) squares on either end, did a very quick quilting job and will bind it tonight. Our son's going down to visit her over the 4th of July weekend and can take it with him on Saturday.

If I had the time, this would have been all-new Log Cabins in pinks but since I had less than a week to get it done, this will do.

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment