Sunday, November 14, 2010

Patterns

Part of a white peony with a yellow center taken on a rainy day.
A frosted leaf in shade and sunlight.
A slice from the bottom of a carnival squash.
I did our grocery shopping today and picked up a couple of winter squash of a variety called carnival. When I trimmed the stem end off, the contrast of the deep orange inside and the slight edge of deep green skin from the outside made me smile.

Then the wavy edge of the vegetable added another dimension of beauty.

That's one of my favorite things to play with in graphic design, taking part of an image in order to see something quite different.

These three photographs have all been cropped from something larger. How much does that slicing change your perspective?

I've had a difficult Mom day today, something that friends warned me could happen months after she was gone. This mourning is like an aching, deep ohm after a long session of yoga, a sigh that cannot be sighed.

So focusing on small parts of larger things somehow felt like a wise adventure to take today.

No comments:

Post a Comment