Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Big Blue Day

I realized today as I shoveled a path to our trash containers that I have developed an intimate relationship with frozen water over the past few days. Yesterday, I spent three and a half hours woman-handling our snow blower as I cleared the driveway, our circular path in the yard and other areas of a foot of snow.

And I found myself wondering, yet again, what dimwitted engineer made the levers on a snow blower so difficult to hold onto. Seriously, the spring action that disengages the accelerator handle is so stiff, holding it in gear makes my hand HURT.

Today we've been in the yard again, cleaning up what didn't get done yesterday as well as raking snow off the roofs of the house and and the garage. But then there's the reward of a big blue sky and temps warm enough to call for just a fleece jacket.

And when you're shoveling, even that gets warm.

There are only 47 days until the first day of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment