Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spring. . . WILL . . . Come . . . Again

We're gonna get walloped.

Just like the folks in Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota.

Our patience and our snow shovels will be tested.

It has just started snowing here and it's 8 a.m. on Tuesday morning. The timing of the coming storm is from now through Thursday morning. That's 48 hours of snow for those of you who may be keeping score.

But here's the silver lining in this: We've seen an increase in ticks in our woods for the past two years because we haven't had enough snow or cold enough temperatures to kill the little blood suckers.

This year, we have.

OK, that makes up for the hours we will spend shoveling on Thursday how?

Yesterday, I saw a store sign advertising seed starting supplies. On days like these, I enjoy watering my house plants and breathing in the scent of damp earth.

And tomorrow we will be halfway to the spring solstice.

OK, OK, I know I'm reaching. But I know you're out there, hankering for stronger sunlight and longer days just like me.

Please know you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment