Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Devil in the Details

Every year in Vermont, volunteers from all over the state take some time to grab one of these bright green bags, and fill it with trash collected from our state's roadsides.

GreenUp Day was this past Saturday, and I filled these three bags with trash from our road frontage as well as down the bank where, when people throw their garbage, they figure it disappears, and also along the river where the ice out left quite a bit of broken glass.

And I am here to tell you that judging by what they leave behind, cigarette smokers and Budweiser beer drinkers are the skankiest folks on the roads. I picked up more butts and those horrifically designed red, white and blue cans than anything else.

It's hard for me to believe that I ever smoked. But I did. For twelve years before I quit 33 years ago. I shake my head as I write this because it feels as though that was another person.

But I have never liked Budweiser. And now I have even more reason not to like the King of (Skanky) beers.

Yucko.

No comments:

Post a Comment