Monday, May 16, 2011

What Do You Do on a Rainy Day?

You make a Bling Bag!
I started with two fabrics and pieced them together to make an 8 x 20 inch piece.
I cut two pieces of fabric 4 x 8 inches, put them right sides together, put two
pieces of cord in loops so they get sewn into the seam, sewed them together
then turned them right side out.
Position flap at one end of the piece, leaving at least one-quarter inch
of fabric beyond the flap.
Cut a piece 8 x 20 that will be the lining of your bling bag.
Putting right sides together, sew the top of the lining and the top of the exterior piece to one
another, including the flap. This picture was taken
after I sewed the seam then pressed it open.
Fold the bag in half, right sides together. Sew the bottom and the side seam.
Do not sew the two sides of the lining together yet. Notice that I drew
a curve in each of the corners at the bottom. I used the
top of a can I use to store plastic bags, tracing it
with a chalk pencil. I then followed this
line when I sewed the seam on the bottom.
Turn the bag right side out. Turn the raw edge
of the lining in about a half inch. Sew it closed.
Push the lining into the bag.
Press.
Add buttons to the front, making sure they are placed where
the loops can get around them.
Voila! Bling bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment