Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Quilting Universe Expands Again

The more I learn, the more I learn. Isn't that cool?

I've known about the Vermont state quilt guild for a couple of years, and even joined last year. But then my Mom's needs outweighed all the other considerations in my life so I never attended either meeting last year. (There are only two.) So today was my first time ever at the Green Mountain Quilt Guild.

First off, I was floored to learn how many guilds there are in the state. Just amazing for such a small place.

Second, I got the chance to stand up and talk about the Parkinson's Quilt Project for a few minutes, and brought a lot of brochures with me in a stand that Jay set up for me. They were nearly all gone when I left. Plus, one of the vendors who owns a shop in Northfield took a large number of them to have on the counter of her store. And one of the other attendees came up to me to say that she makes small, scrappy quilts and would send some of them to me if I would give her the address.

Warm, gushy feelings all over.

And this little flower block you see here was my contribution to the block raffle for this meeting. I won the whole pile of blocks, the first time ever that I've done that.

So now I have nearly enough blocks for a very pretty spring quilt.

Mom's watching out for me. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment