Friday, September 24, 2010

Random Thoughts for a Friday

Somedays, the brain just trails off and random thoughts sprout like mushrooms after rain. (Speaking of rain, we sure could use some down here! I've never seen our river this low.)

Since it's Friday and too warm for the end of September (in my opinion), I thought I'd wander among my synapses to see what I find.

• When was the last time you saw anyone walking without a cell phone plugged into their ear?

• If people complain so much about TV commercials, why don't they hit the off button and find something else to do?

• I make it a policy to never eat anything with a list of ingredients that I can't pronounce.

• Where would all the politicians go if we stopped paying attention to them?

• How much money do you suppose Purdue Pharma makes on the illegal sales of Oxycontin? More than they ever lose in lawsuits, I'll bet.

• What's the difference between a falling-down barn and a picturesque element in a bucolic landscape?

• Why does hair turn gray? Why not purple or peach or turquoise?

• Did you ever notice how the pattern of veins in a leaf resembles the pattern of veins in the human body, the cracking patterns in drying mud and the pattern of river systems with their tributaries?

• Does anyone really believe "your call is important to us"?

• Did you know that apple trees do not grow true from their seeds? For example, if you planted a seed from a Cortland, you would not get a tree that bore Cortland apples. In order to replicate a particular apple tree, you have to use grafts from a similar tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment