Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bling Bag for Books

I've been busy this weekend. I had promised my sister to send her a few things to add to a fundraising auction for the Cape Cod Children's Museum. I pulled out two wine bags that were already made plus a card holder that hangs on a wall.

I also pulled out two small tops from my scrap/bits & pieces drawer and turned them into table runners.

Then I came across this unfinished bag that lingered over from my Teach Yourself Visually Quilting book. I wanted to make a bling-bag style cover for one of my American Patchwork books and after folding and musing for a while, realized that if I took this unfinished piece and divided it in two, it would be perfect for size.

So I did. And I added that rounded flap, gave it a pale purple interior and a decorative pink button and you have a bag like no other.

Now I'm back to creating quilts for the Parkinson's project and just took pictures of the first donation, which I will share tomorrow.

Plus, as an extra-added bonus, the river is free of ice, at the moment there is no need to shovel water, and mud grabbed my boots when I was outside earlier today.

Oh, oh—and we have been enjoying the pleasure of watching a pair of hooded merganzers fishing near the river bank close to the house all day. I think (dare I say it) that spring may come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment