Friday, March 25, 2011

A Book Here, A Book There Adds Up to Real Tonnage

This time last year, I spent more than a few hours sorting books and working on a story about the annual Five Colleges Book Sale that we have up here every April.

It was one of the very first events I ever attended in the Upper Valley when we moved here. Then after a few years inhaling books at the sale, I moved on to volunteer to help out.

Even though I'm not doing it this year (my Parkinson's quilt project is now center stage in my volunteer life), I will be at the sale, you betcha.

And the magazine story? Well, it's in Upper Valley Life magazine this month. My husband took the pictures and together, we made quite a splash.

On the unfortunate side, the magazine only posts two of the stories from any current issue and 5CBS didn't get chosen this time around.

But here's the LINK to the 5 Colleges website, and the sale is Easter weekend. That's the last full weekend of April.

On average, the sale recycles 35-40,000 volumes from old readers to new. No matter your tastes, you will find something there to slurp up.

No comments:

Post a Comment