Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gardener's Exhaustion

I took this whole week off to work on my gardens, something I've been promising myself to do for years. And it's really worked out. Yesterday was a full day of soaking-in rain so today, I got two veggie gardens planted, cleaned up a flower garden that was weedy, and got a good start on a new garden to replace my beloved planter boxes.

But I am so tired, there's nothing left for the evening.

I got a cheap thrill -- Number 3 -- yesterday when I became the new owner of 50 quilt books. Their former owner, a wonderful woman in my quilt guild named Patty Radway, is moving into a longterm care facility and had to downsize. She knows I love books so she called and offered to give them to me.

There were only 4 duplicates and lots of other interesting stuff. I'm keeping 31 of them and will sell the rest. I plan to look through the ones I'm keeping again tonight -- or read A Room with a View.

Either way, I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment