Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Power of 60 Begins

Today I turn 60 years old. I thought I was going to dread this birthday but it's been wonderful talking with so many friends and family and getting remembered. And my horoscope says this is going to be one of my most powerful years ever.

So begins the Power of 60 project -- 5 days to do whatever I want (from today through Saturday) and then 6 terms of 60 days, each one devoted to reading (or re-reading) my favorite books, cooking new recipes (60 new-to-me by the end of the year) learning about 6 new subjects, writing six books (including the one that will come out of this blog), experiencing 60 cheap thrills (which get defined however I want to define them) and 60 creative acts.

By this day next year, I aim to be more creative, better educated about some of the things I care about, writing even more, and having a lot of fun.

And I want you all to come with me, read along, talk along, send recipes! And all suggestions for cheap thrills are welcome.

It's off to get something for lunch and then I'm grabbing my sketch pad and colored pencils and Goldie and I are setting out for the gardens where I am going to draw.

Make me a wish and I'll make one for you!

1 comment:

  1. My wish for you is that one of these 60.... is truly life altering in only a totally positive way. Have a super journey this year.

    ReplyDelete