Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh That Itch!

Yesterday, during the Great Big Snowstorm, it was completely unpleasant to be outside. I cleaned off the cars, did a bit of shoveling but otherwise, I was indoors tending to the woodstoves and my work.

Now I work pretty much alone. Solitude is kind of the basic experience writers have in common. It's really hard to pen something when you're socializing.

So getting outdoors is key to my sanity in winter.

By yesterday afternoon, I could feel the bloom of my first bout of cabin fever itchiness, that urge to just go SOMEWHERE!!

Jay's always hits the cabin fever wall earlier in the season than I do. About now is right for him. I can usually get through February before it hits me.

But yesterday, whew. The need to get outta Dodge was powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment