Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We've All Got a Story to Tell

I wrote about Vivian Moore and her book Paddy: A Ruffed Grouse Chooses Our Farm in this spot before. For the past two days, I've been revamping the book so that it fits my printer's size criteria.

It's charming me all over again.

And since this is an expanded and revised edition, I'm putting in as many pictures as I can.

Of all the photos that Vivian took of this remarkable bird, this one is absolutely my favorite. This is a deep cold picture and Paddy's feathers are all puffed out to help keep him warm.

Every time I look at it, I start to chuckle because he looks just like a Christmas tree ornament to me.

This book has had quite a history and I'm glad that the constraints of book publishing have changed enough that a little charmer like this will have a home with my company, Full Circle Press. Before digital printing and online bookselling on places like Amazon, Paddy would probably never have seen the light of day.

Which would have been a shame.

We've all got such great stories to tell, and it's important that we do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment