Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Boots They Are A-Changing

It's usually not a good idea to tempt the weather deities around here because doing so always ends up requiring human sacrifice—as in sore backs, cold hands, and aching shoulders.

We dodged a snow bullet on Friday. The weather mouthpieces kept raising the ante, moving upwards from three to six inches to ten to sixteen inches.

We ended up with a slushy one inch that disappeared by morning. Whew!

Which gave me enough confidence to wear sneakers when we went grocery shopping this morning!! After months of knee-high boots with Yak Trax strapped onto their bottoms, sneakers feels a lot like freedom.

When we got home, I pushed it even further, putting those leather knee-high boots into the closet and taking out the rubber boots that will encase my feet until the ground dries up which, judging by the piles of ice still decorating our walking path, will be somewhere around my birthday in May.

So the boot change has happened. Now, do not blame me if it snows again. Really, I just couldn't do the leather thing any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment