Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Is It about Piles of Paper?

Every time I hear anyone talk about the paperless office, I just shake my head. We are awash in paper, drowning in paper. And sometimes, it just takes over our lives.

Whenever I am in crunch time on a deadline, such as getting quilts ready for my talk last Saturday, I have no choice but to let things pile up with the promise that I will tackle the buildup at the first opportunity.

Actually, though, I dislike piles of stuff so the first thing I do when released from a deadline is organize.

I spent a good deal of time doing this yesterday and by noon today, the piles of paper were gone.

With the promise that my office space and quilt studio get a thorough cleaning this weekend.

After I come home from the Five Colleges Book Sale...with more paper.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment