Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Feel Like Talking about Plants

With spring definitely on the way to Vermont, I thought it would be a good time to get back to my plant inventory. After all, I have just a little over a month before I reach the year mark on this blog.

Hard to believe, isn't it?
This is the flowering stalk of coral bells. This airy plant
hovers over the top of a garden.

This is crane's bill. This was an addition to my gardens last year.

I love lemon cucumbers and have grown them for many years.
But this year, I don't think we'll be doing many veggies because our yard has become so shady.

I love this type of narcissus with it's white petals and pale yellow trumpets.

The daisies run wild around here. Always welcome.

The dames rockets (also called dames violets) were exceptional last year.
Their fragrance nearly made you swoon.

The day lily qualifies as one of the hardiest plants around here.
And once they're in a garden, it's nearly impossible to get them out.
But why would you want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment