Saturday, April 30, 2011

Last Day of April

When my son was quite young, he used to complain that when we were on school vacation, someone (we never did find out who) put the world on fast forward.

I really wish I could find whoever's got her finger on the controls because I feel that my whole life is like that at times, that everything is stressful, everything moves too fast, and I get to the end of a month without appreciating the fact that it's even begun.

In other words, I wish I was more like my dog Goldie who accepts the rhythm of life as it is presented to her, enjoying the scents of the air, the pace of a walk, the pat on the head, the hug.

So I'm off to take a walk. In fact, I think I'll go around our path in the woods twice because I need it. Way too much time in front of a computer lately.

You need a walk too. Go. Before someone puts the day on fast forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment