Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

OK, now I'm getting nervous.

On Saturday afternoon at 1:15 at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, yours truly will stand up to talk to nearly 200 people about the Parkinson's Quilt Project. My mouth turns dry (really, I'm not kidding about this) at the mere thought.

Reminds me a little of being pregnant when you have to rush to the bathroom every five minutes or so. I'll be that way on Saturday morning.

In any case, I have just a little hand sewing to do on a binding and all my quilts will be ready. You can see a bit of the ones I have finished here.

Today, I'm putting together the show-and-tell stand that Jay created for me. I can hang quilts from it and flip them over (at least that's the idea) as I speak.

I'm also going to spend the day making notes on what I want to cover. I need to talk for about 30 to 45 minutes and (thank goodness for the women in my quilt guild) will have more quilts than mine to show folks.

My sister is driving up, bringing a companion whose identity will be revealed later. She's so sweet. Originally, she was going to surprise me and show up but when I kept pushing gently to see if she was going to come or not, she had to tell me.

But her companion will be a surprise.

I know that once I get started, I'll be fine.

You can find out more about the Parkinson's Quilt Project on my personal website at: www.SonjaHakala.com

Uh oh, now my palms are getting sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment